Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two words that no one wants to hear: Bed rest

I made another trip to the hospital last week. Luckily I really like my doctor because I am seeing more of her than I ever expected! Now I'm getting to know all the labor and delivery nurses at Mansfield Methodist Hospital. The nurse on Friday was so wonderful, she even told me that if she is working when I come in to deliver I need to ask for her and she'll make sure that she is my nurse!

The contractions were very regular, every three minutes, so they ordered another round of tests but everything came back clear. I'm not dilated and my cervix is still longer than 2.5 cm so hopefully Avery will stay put for at least 6 more weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do with myself during that time but it's better than sitting in the NICU.

The contractions continue to be stubborn and no matter how much water I drink and how much time I spend in bed, they just wont stop. So, doctor's orders, no more work, no more playing, just home in bed. So, I am looking for movie and book recommendations (especially books). I've found that reading is the best way to pass the time and keep myself from worrying about things that are out of my control.

1 comment:

  1. We are sending BIG HUGS your way. I wish there was more I could do. I'm so sorry you have to go on bed rest, hang in there. Call me any time you need to talk. I'll be thinking about you. As for books I would highly recommend the Time Travelers Wife. I haven't seen the movie, but loved the book.

    ReplyDelete