Monday, May 6, 2013

Avery is Three!!

My sweet Avery Lynn,

Baby girl, you are THREE!!!

How did this happen??? You have the sweetest heart and are so kind and caring.  You amaze me every day with you thoughtfulness.  I am so proud to be your mommy.

Here is my random list of things about you that I never want to forget

You are always talking!! You still have a hard time with certain sounds (K, G) but your vocabulary is amazing! You speak in full sentences and are always coming up with new words that I didn't even know you understood.  Some of my favorites right now:

That was delicious
That makes me nervous
Holy moly!

I'm also a little sad that you no longer say some of your little made up words like "puppy tart" (shopping cart),  hapbap (backpack), hopsicle (popsicle),



You go to bed around 8:00 and bedtime is quite the production.  You drag everything out as long as possible and then call for me once or twice because you "need to tell me something". It's usually almost 8:30 before I finally close your door.

You wake up around 7:30 and seem to be dropping your afternoon nap.  You lay in bed for about 45 minutes (or until Asher wakes you up with his screaming) and then come out to tell me that Asher woke you up.  After that I never know what to expect.  You always go back in your room but in the past two weeks I've caught you brushing your teeth, putting Pull Ups on ALL of your babies and animals and strapping yourself into a chair.  You certainly keep me on my toes but I'm thankful you can entertain yourself for awhile :)

You are still a good eater (but a little more picky than you used to be).  You LOVE sweets, cheese, juice, "hopsicles", fruit snacks and gum.

You are fully potty trained but still wear a Pull Up when you're sleeping

You love playing outside, going for walks, playing with baby dolls, reading books and watching cartoons


You truly are the sweetest little girl.  When we run errands you often bring toys for Asher in case he's sad.  You are so good at saying "please" and "thank you" and usually offer to help clean up.

One thing that makes me laugh: you always repeat some of our house rules.  "we don't say no to  mommy and daddy". We always talk about finishing all our food to make your tummy happy.  At dinner you tell me, "mommy! I'm eating all my food!! It goes down to my tummy and my tummy is so happy!!"

You are the most wonderful daughter I could have ever hoped for.  I love you more than you'll ever know!!

Here are some comparison pictures from your last birthday...








No comments:

Post a Comment