Sunday, November 6, 2011

16 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks
Size of baby:  about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.
Gender: We had a quick sonogram two weeks ago but unfortunately the nurse couldn't tell.  We will find out at my next appointment, December 1st!
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, every week I think I will need to use my belly band and every week I put it off.  I'm just not ready! Definitely wearing a lot of loose clothes though
Weight gain: 4 pounds
Movement:I was feeling small flutters a couple weeks ago but I think the baby shifted positions because I haven't felt anything in the last week or so.  Everyone tells me you feel it earlier with the second so I'm hoping I'll start feeling it again soon!
Sleep: No problems!
Symptoms:Feeling good, I was more emotional than usual this past week.  No idea if that was pregnancy related or not.
Cravings: Nothing really. I'm definitely noticing an increased appetite though!
Best moment this week: Last week I had a consult with a hematologist. I've been worried since I found out I was pregnant that I would have to be on blood thinners my whole pregnancy due to a blood clot I had while pregnant with Avery.  My OB told me this would most likely be the case. Thankfully, after reviewing my blood work, the hematologist feels that the clot was solely due to bed rest and that as long as I don't have to be on bed rest this time around he sees no need for me to be on a blood thinner. Praise the Lord, I am so extremely thankful for this news!!! 

Also, I will be starting 17P (not excited about this but I wanted to mention it  so I don't forget the details one day). 17P is a progesterone treatment that has been shown to reduce the chances of preterm labor in women who have previously experience preterm labor symptoms. I will get an injection each week (administered by Matt) until I reach 37 weeks.  This treatment doesn't work in all women but we're hopeful it will help me from having early labor contractions and going on bed rest this time.

1 comment:

  1. You're so lucky your husband will give you that injection! I had to go to the doctor's office every week to have it done... my husband passes out if he knows he's standing in the same room as a needle :)

    ReplyDelete