Friday, November 4, 2011

Emotional

I was just thinking last week how 'normal' I have felt during this pregnancy.  No morning sickness, minimal fatigue, steady emotions, etc.  (BTW - all of this makes me think it's a boy)  Anyway... I have been surprised at how unemotional I've been. I was a mess during the first trimester with Avery.  I remember talking on the phone with Matt (in tears) and telling him I know everything is fine and I know it's just pregnancy hormones but I cant stop crying. There were days when the smallest thing would set me off.  Up until yesterday, I haven't felt like an emotional wreck at all.

Yesterday something changed though.

I am HOMESICK.  I am sad I can't be home with Avery. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am so in love with my hubby.  I'm stressed about money.  I could go on and on.  I have no idea what changed but it's been a long week. More than anything, I think I'm feeling homesick.  I want to be close to my family.  I want to be able to call up my sister at lunch and invite her and Bryan over for dinner.  I want my parents to be able to watch Avery on Friday nights so Matt and I can spend a little time as a married couple.

I always want these things.  In fact, I daydream about it on a weekly basis but for some reason today I can't think abouti it without getting teary-eyed. Ugh, I spent my whole drive into work fighting back tears because of a song on the radio.  I don't know what is going on with my body but I'm glad it's Friday and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend with two of my favorite people. 

It also doesn't help that a certain little girl will be 18 months old tomorrow.  A year and a half!! This is going by way too fast.  I'm really loving this age and I wish we could make it last longer. 

Here are a few pictures from last weekend.  Between my birthday and Halloween I'm really behind on posting pictures.  Hopefully I'll get caught up this weekend!

My little helper opening presents with me


Hanging out with daddy.  I love this blue-eyed pair.

Halloween party with friends


Avery loved the tractor! Her daddy was so proud :)

She also loved the candy corn!


No comments:

Post a Comment