Monday, October 28, 2013

These Days

Some days I miss the sweet cuddles of sleeping babies.  And I definitely miss being able to lay them down in one spot and know they will still be there when I return. 

But these big kids, they're an awful lot of fun. They are characters. Packed full of personality and spunk.  With tons of energy and big belly laughs.

With so much sweetness and silliness, I never know what to expect. They run around the house screaming like maniacs one minute and cuddling together on the couch the next. It's never a dull moment around here.

This little girl likes to start her day off with cereal and a cartoon.  And it's always nice to have a friend or two to sit with.

Dance parties are an (almost) daily occurrence.  When she got the pom-poms as a "prize" for being so brave getting her flu shot she waived them around continuously.  They definitely took the dancing up a notch!



This guy has needed a haircut for about two months now.  The shaggy look had to go.  I'm grateful for his daddy's patience and the green apple sucker that kept him occupied for a good 15 minutes.


One of the coolest things about the kids getting bigger is their excitement about new things.  Avery loved helping daddy carve the pumpkin. 

Of course, with a daddy like this, it's hard not to have fun :)


You want me to stick my hand in that gooey mess?? Um, OKAY!


Yes, these days they're exhausting.  They require lots of patience and even more grace.  But they are fleeting and will be gone far too soon.  This kind of innocence, it doesn't stick around long.  So I'm going to enjoy every second of it it and do my best to make the most of these days.












No comments:

Post a Comment