Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Colorado!!

We had such a wonderful time in Colorado.  We left Friday morning and I was so nervous for Avery's first flight.  I was worried that her little ears would bother her, that her tummy might be upset or that she just wouldn't want to sit still. Thankfully she was a little angel.  I couldn't have asked her to do any better.  She had a bottle during takeoff and then slept until we landed.  I was one happy mama!!

My mom picked us up and we went home, got Dad and Cody and headed up to the cabin.  Little miss sleepy head fell asleep on the way up there as well, she was such a good baby!!


When we got to the cabin Stefanie and Bryan were already there waiting for us. 





Avery did pretty well sleeping in the pack and play.  She woke up around 5:00 Saturday morning which I kind of expected.  I was going to put her back in the pack and play after her early morning meal but she was in such a happy mood I let her cuddle with me until Aunt Stefanie woke up.  She's such a little cuddle bug!



Saturday afternoon we drove up to the reservoir before heading home.  It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect.  Matt decided that he needed to check out the other side of the lake so he made a "boat" and attempted to paddle across.  


As you can see, he didn't make it very far but Cody was kind enough to lend his support. 

Dad made Matt ride in the back of the truck on the way back to the cabin, Cody was happy to have some company back there for once!


We got back to my parent's house Saturday afternoon and Mom made a delicious dinner for Matt's birthday.  The boys had steak and fried shrimp and us girls had shrimp, scallops and mussels.  So yummy!! My dad was trying to teach Avery how to grill the perfect steak.


 


The weather was perfect, it was so nice to be out of the Texas heat.  My parent's backyard is so beautiful, we sat out there for hours just talking and enjoying having the whole family together. 




Sunday afternoon we had a bbq so that my family and friends could meet Avery.  It was wonderful to see everyone.  I wish I could have had more time to talk with everyone  but I'm so glad we had such a good turnout!

Avery mimicking Sara :)







 Thanks mom, dad, stef and brian!! It was so good to see you.  See you in three weeks!!!





1 comment:

  1. CUTE pics!!! Looks like y'all had a fun time!!! We are glad to have you back here in Texas. I need to see Avery soon - she is such a little doll.

    Reba

    ReplyDelete