Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2.14.11

Bear with me here... long story but I promise I'm going somewhere with it...

Last Wednesday night I put Avery to bed like always, she had been in a great mood all evening and went right to sleep.  Around 9:30 we heard her crying, I listened for a minute or so, expecting her to go back to sleep like she usually does but she was beginning to cry harder so Matt and I went in to check on her.  When we walked in we immediately knew something wasn't right, Matt turned on the light and she was sitting up, covered in vomit.  My heart just dropped, it was everywhere.  She threw up three more times that night, it was a sleepless night for all of us.  I stayed home with her on Thursday because Matt woke up feeling like he was coming down with something. Avery stopped vomiting but continued to have tummy issues all day.  Matt continued to feel worst and worse as the day went on.  By Friday he was in pretty bad shape and Avery seemed to be on the mend.  Saturday, same story.  Saturday evening I realized my sweet husband had given me the cold he had (which he was still fighting) so we both spent the majority of Sunday laying on the couch and trying to entertain little miss without sharing the cold with her. 

Monday morning we woke up and told each other a very nasally Happy Valentines Day in between sneezes and coughs.  I had told Matt all weekend that I didn't want to do anything for Valentines this year.  I just wasn't in the mood.  Between various events from the past couple months and both of us still sick, it just didn't sound appealing. 

Monday was one of those days where you just feel like going back to bed and trying again tomorrow.  Nothing was going right.  I finally got home a little after six and was concerned that Matt was going to have some big dinner planned.  Instead I got just what I needed that evening... a loving family.  

There were two cards on the counter, chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge and my hubby, baby and puppy, all at home just wanting to hangout and be together.  We spent most of the evening playing in Avery's room.  She absolutely loves playing in there.  It felt so good to just spend time with my family and not worry about everything else going on outside the walls of our home.  I think I laughed harder last night than I have in quite awhile. 

After we put Avery to bed Matt and I just sat and talked... something we haven't done enough of lately and it meant more than any gift or dinner or flowers.  I'm so lucky to have a husband that loves me unconditionally. 

It wasn't the most conventional Valentines Day but it was exactly the Valentines Day I needed. 


Our little family. Not the best picture but at least we're all looking at the camera!
LOVE
Love this little girl to pieces

Cash's favorite place in the whole world, as close to Matt as possible

This is her really excited/laughing/screaming face.

Favorite.game.ever



1 comment:

  1. Sweet post! We stayed home too, sometimes thats the best!! :) Happy (late) Vday to the Williams fam! :)

    ReplyDelete