Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. 1 Peter 1:3

We had wonderful, relaxing Easter this year.  It's funny to think that this time last year I was on bed rest and we were under strict orders not to venture more than one hour from the hospital where I planned to deliver.  Easter looked a lot different last year.  I think the only thing we did was go to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. Seriously, who eats Mexican food for Easter lunch??? 

Well this year we got to enjoy Easter from a child's eyes.  It was so fun watching Avery take it all in.  We kicked off the weekend early with an Easter egg hunt Thursday evening with our friends.  Sadly I seem to have touched the lens or something on my camera (way to go me) so the pictures aren't that great but the kids had a blast and I just love getting together with these girls.  

Avery, Gage and Kennedy fighting over eggs and baskets

Mommas and our kiddos

This is actually a pretty good picture, I cannot believe we have seven kiddos all looking at the camera.  Minus Gage, he's shoving puffs in his mouth :)

 Friends :)
















Avery checking out her Easter basket.  She was fascinated with the fake grass :)


WARNING: Picture overload.

So I may have taken 100+ pictures of Avery playing in the front yard with her basket and eggs and I may have initially uploaded like 15 of them.  So, I think it's a great accomplishment that I have narrowed it down to less than 10 :)

Here she is, eying her eggs... this girl doesn't mess around.

Got 'em!!  Life is good again :)



I'm surprised the wind didn't blow her over.  She toppled over a few times but I'm pretty sure that was just a balance thing.

Again, this egg hunting is serious business.

This girl loves to carry things. Anything.  Even daddy's size 14 tennis shoes. 


Love her

She loves it when Matt throws her up in the air
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love her little Easter dress! She is a doll! Looks like you guys had a good time - maybe one day we'll be able to celebrate holidays in the beautiful state of Colorado :) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so pretty in her Easter dress! So fun spending Friday night with y'all!

    ReplyDelete