Monday, March 12, 2012

34 Weeks


How Far Along: 34 weeks
Size of baby:   from babycenter: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. I had another sonogram done this past Thursday and they measured our little guy.  He is measuring a week big, approximately 5 lbs 5 oz.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!! We finally agreed on a name... and that we want to keep it a secret! Okay, we've told a few people but are trying to keep it a surprise for the most part!

Maternity Clothes: I am starting to run out of clothes that fit.  Some of my maternity shirts are getting too short because my belly is sticking out so dang far!!

Movement: He gets the hiccups almost every night.  His head is down and he is really good at kicking the left right side of my rib cage.

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well. It's getting a little difficult to get comfortable but usually an extra body pillow helps.
Weight Gain: 26 pounds
Symptoms: At my 32 week checkup my doctor recommended I go to part-time for multiple reasons (high blood pressure, continued issues with contractions, extreme swelling in my ankles). Thankfully this has helped so much! My blood pressure is back down, the swelling has gone down too and the contractions have slowed.  I feel so much better!

Cravings: Sweets (ice cream!)

Best moment this week: I had a great checkup on Thursday, it was so nice to get good news at the doctor's office. On Friday my co-workers had a shower for me.  I am so thankful to be at a new(ish) job and working with such great people.  


I definitely hit the point where I am very uncomfortable.  I don't know what it is about being 8 months pregnant but I drop everything which means I am always bending down to pick things up which is difficult and uncomfortable. Shaving my legs and putting on shoes has become a real challenge.  I know everyone says this but I just feel so huge! I am definitely bigger than I ever was with Avery and I can't imagine going full term.  My stomach is running out of room and I am cranky!! Poor Matt, I think he's ready for me to have this little guy, too.  Thankfully my family is coming to town this weekend, hopefully that will take my mind off my ever expanding belly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment