Monday, January 7, 2013

Nine Months {Asher James}


You have changed so much in the past month! You have mastered crawling and can get from one side of the house to the other with amazing speed.  Your daddy and I laugh when we have to play “where’s Asher” because you will crawl away so fast! Good thing we always know where you’re headed…. The bathtub.  Yes, you really, really do love bath time.  I can’t tell you how many times a day I've followed you into the bathroom and watched you pull yourself up on the tub and try to heave your little body in.  It’s quite comical. I try to keep the door closed but your sister insists on opening it. 

We drove to Colorado for Christmas and little guy, I've been more than a little worried about how you’d do strapped in your car seat for 14 hours.  Well, you proved me wrong.  Big time.  You were an angel.   I think you cried for about 2 minutes.  Total.   Christmas was rough because you were sick all week with a nasty cold and mild pinkeye.  Thankfully you still found moments to smile and be your goofy self. 

You are pulling up on everything and starting to cruise around the coffee table.  I have a feeling you will be an early walker.  You pull your little hands away from mine when you’re standing, in hopes you’ll find your balance.  So far, no luck but I know it won’t be long.

You've started clapping and it is so cute! You get the biggest grin on your face and are so proud of yourself. Oh, and your new way of smiling is to open your mouth as wide as possible.  

You usually go to bed around 7:00 and daddy wakes you up around 7:30 am.  You are a great sleeper and happily play in your crib if you wake up early.

You are 30.75 inches tall (98th%) and weigh 20 lbs (50th%).  Still long and lean! You wear 12-18 month clothing but I think I need to find a belt for you because your pants are always falling off!

Nap time still varies.  You usually take one morning nap around 10:00 and an afternoon nap around 2:00.  
You normally drink six 6 ounce bottles and eat 2-3 meals of fruits and veggies.  You’re doing a lot better with baby food but still seem to dislike certain textures.  If it isn’t completely blended to a puree you spit it out.  I’m hoping to start trying some finger foods this month! Hopefully we can get you over your texture issue.

You love to babble and laugh.  I need to get a video of you laughing… it is so funny! You are such a ham and have so much personality! I love this age so much and cherish every minute with you! You are full of energy and curiosity but still love to snuggle and will fall asleep in my arms some nights.  Asher, we love you to the moon and back little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment