Thursday, April 4, 2013

One Year

I just put my one-year-old down to bed...

I'm still amazed at how much they change and grow in one short year. 

A year that flies by and leaves you wondering how 365 days have passed so quickly.  A year that leaves you longing for sleep while also wishing the days would slow down, just a bit.

One year.  My baby is almost walking and always getting into mischief. But he is also the best cuddler and is such a momma's boy. 

I look at this picture and it doesn't seem real.  Where have the days gone?  And I know he will be two and talking before I know it. 

I love his blue eyes and his dimples and the crazy animated faces he makes.  I love how he's starting to look more like his daddy but I also see myself in him.  







I'm so thankful that he still lets me rock him to sleep after a long day.  That he cuddles up in my arms and doesn't have a care in the world.  I love listening to his slow, even breathing.  I could sit with him for hours. Watching him sleep never gets old. He barely fits in my lap and I know there are dishes waiting and a party to prepare for but this is a moment I'll always cherish and everything else can wait. 

Happy first birthday, Asher James.  You are the best son I could have ever asked for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment