Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Avery Update

We had an exciting start to the week. As of Monday afternoon, I am no longer taking the muscle relaxant to stop my contractions. The nurse came out and took my supplies, it is really nice to not be hooked up to the pump anymore but a little unnerving as well.

Monday night I woke up around 3:00 am, I was having contractions every 3-5 minutes. I told Matt, wow, that didn't take long. I was up for about 3 hours and was planning on calling my doctor as soon as her office opened to see if we should come in. Surprisingly, they subsided around 7:00 and I felt good the rest of the day.

Yesterday evening the contractions came back. Another night of counting contractions and not sleeping. I called my doctor this morning and we headed in. She monitored the contractions and confirmed that yes, they were approximately 5 minutes apart. But after further (painful) investigation, we found out that nothing has changed. My cervix is still closed and I am not dilated at all. She told me that I should be prepared to keep having these type of contractions for the next few weeks. Ouch! So now, we sit and wait.

While at the doctor, she did a bio-scan sonogram to take Avery's measurements. Her legs are in the 80th percentile for length and she weighs approximately 6 pounds!!! Unfortunately she was hiding her face so we didn't get any good photos. Can't wait to meet her!!

7 comments:

  1. yeah for no pump.... 6 lbs, that is AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. six pounds, ok she is ready! :) I am sorry you are having so many painful contractions, it will soon be worth it all! Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being done with the meds & congrats on making it this far. Sorry you are having so many contractions & I hope you don't have to deal with them for a couple more weeks. Avery sounds like she'll be just fine when she arrives. I'm so excited for you & can't wait to see pictures of her. Hang in there & keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I might have to come down a little earlier than July. I don't know if I can wait that long to see her :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! thanks for the update!! She is going to be a tall little girl! Cant wait for more updates and to see that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to meet sweet little Avery!!! Hang in there girl...she will come when she is good and ready!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete