Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas in Colorado

We've been in Colorado since last Thursday and have been having a wonderful time. We left Grand Prairie at 3:30 Wednesday afternoon and drove and drove and drove.... Avery did really well in the car. She slept on and off in the afternoon. We stopped for dinner at a great little Mexican restaurant in middle of nowhere Texas. After that, she was out for the night (mostly). We arrived in Trinidad, CO at about 2:30 am and had to stop for gas which of course woke her up. She then decided it was time to get up and play for awhile and then refused to go back to sleep. She finally crashed again around the time we got to Pueblo. We finally arrived at my parents' house at 6:30 am. Matt was so great and drove most of the night.

Thursday was very quiet and low key. We were exhausted from the drive so we relaxed at home and finished up some last minute Christmas shopping.

Stefanie and Brian came down around noon on Christmas eve, it was so great to have everyone together!!

All ready for church!

We always spend Christmas eve at my Dad's parents' house, this year everyone was home so we had 35 people together. I just love having a big family, we always have so much fun!

Christmas morning Avery was the first one up, we (as usual :)) waited for Stefanie to wake up and then opened our presents.  It is always so fun to see the wonderful gifts everyone gets. 

This year it was the year of the rocking chair.  My dad bought my mom two beautiful log wood rocking chairs for the cabin.  It just so happened that Stef, Brian, Matt and I also bought my parents two white rocking chairs for the deck at the cabin.  Great minds think alike I guess!!!

Avery loved the log rocking chair!

Here are the lovebirds celebrating their first Christmas together, aren't they cute??

Here is our little family of three.  Avery had so much fun playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes. 

Avery trying her first bite of cheesecake.  YUM!

All of the Christmas cheer wore this little girl out, Grandma was more than happy to cuddle with her.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Sounds like we did the same thing- Matt and I left Wed evening, but we got in at 230- we didn't have those extra hours. Yikes. Glad you made it safe!