Sunday, January 2, 2011

Colorado Part II

We made it back to Texas!  We got in at 1:30 this morning after a 14 hour drive.  I am so proud of my little munchkin, she did great in the car.  We left Colorado at 10:30 so she was awake for about half of the drive.  She fussed a little bit before we stopped for dinner but Matt and I took turns entertaining her and luckily she is easily entertained!

We had such a wonderful trip, it was really hard to leave.  It was great to stay for more than a weekend because I actually got to spend some time with friends that I hadn't seen in years.  I had so much fun catching up with my friends that I completely forgot to get pictures of us and our kiddos but I did manage to snap a few of Avery and Lucy.

Lucy is two and half, she was so cute with Avery!! 
 Shawna and I have been friends since high school, it was so fun to hangout and finally meet Lucy!  She decided that she didn't want her picture taken, silly girl. 

For the past month or so I've been hoping that Avery would start crawling before our trip home so my family could see her.  Well, two days before we left she started crawling!! At first she would only crawl to her favorite toys or if I bribed her with a puff.  By the time we left she was really starting to explore and she is definitely very curious and getting into everything!

She is fascinated with cords... this is definitely going to be a problem.  There was just enough room between the table legs for her to scoot through.  And every time we turned around she was trying to get back there!


Avery loves her new toys!!

Exploring the stairs.  I'm so glad our house doesn't have any stairs, makes life much easier!

Showing Grandma how to drive

Such a happy girl!

On Thursday morning it finally snowed!! I was really hoping for some cold, wintry weather.  Grandma bought Avery this adorable little snowsuit.  She wasn't very happy when we were putting it on but didn't seem to mind the snow.  She made the cutest little face when the snowflakes would hit her cheeks.  








When the snow stopped falling, the temperatures plummeted.  I think we got down to about -3 Friday night.  

Here is our little snow bunny getting bundled up before heading to Fort Collins to help Stefanie and Brian move into their new condo. 


I'm so glad we were able to see their new place, I can't believe they are getting married in three weeks!! I'm so excited that we get to go back so soon and I can't wait for the wedding!!

What a great trip, I couldn't have asked for a better 10 days.  It was so good to see everyone and I know Avery enjoyed playing with her aunt and grandparents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment