Monday, December 5, 2011

20 Weeks!



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of baby:   Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!! 
Maternity Clothes: Ugh, yes I'm wearing maternity tops but they don't really fit.  My normal tops don't fit either though.  I decided that a little too big is better than a little too small at this point :)
Weight gain: 10 lbs eek!! How have I already gained 10 pounds!?!?  Oh that's right, I've had the mentality oh, I'm pregnant, I can eat that! In other words zero self control. 
Movement: Our little guy is constantly moving.  The kicks are still subtle and small but I feel them more often and they are getting a little stronger each day.
Sleep: No problems!
Symptoms:Nothing really, just a growing belly :)
Cravings:  Nothing really.  I actually haven't had much of an appetite the past week. I've been getting full really quickly.
Best moment this week: The best moment of the week was definitely finding out that we are having a boy but I'm also excited that I've already reached 20 weeks and am half way there!! 

We had our anatomy sonogram on Thursday and I was very a little worried Matt would be bummed if we weren't having a boy.  Don't get me wrong, he adores Avery and is a great girl dad but I know he really wanted a boy.  I didn't even look at him during the sonogram until the sono tech froze the picture and there was no doubt our little peanut is a boy! He was grinning ear to ear!!  I think it will be so fun to have one of each, although I have to admit I don't really know what to do with little boys.  I've always been around little girls but I'm sure I'll figure it out :) We have NO IDEA what we're going to name this little guy... Not a clue. There are a few names I like and a few Matt likes but nothing we both love. I know we have time but I like having a name picked out... I want to call him by his name instead of baby boy, I want to put it on the wall in his nursery, I want to buy him a shirt for Christmas with his name on it.  So, hopefully we'll come up with something soon.  I'm not going to hold my breath though.

No comments:

Post a Comment