Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Life with Two



Where do I even start.... the last three weeks have been awesome. and hard. and wonderful. and overwhelming. 

Asher is such a content baby.  He loves sitting in his bouncy chair, is sleeping great and tolerating his big sister's kisses and attempts to "share" her toys with him. 


We had a big scare at his two week checkup.  He hadn't gained any weight (had actually lost 1 oz) since we brought him home from the hospital.  His pediatrician was very concerned and sent us to Cook Children's ER for testing.  We spent most of the day there - probably one of the worst days of my life. The doctors drew his blood and tried to take a urine sample for testing.  Thankfully everything came back normal.  I am now pumping and bottle feeding him to make sure he is getting enough to eat. 

Avery is such a great big sister!  I adore her sweet little personality, she is growing up so fast.  I cannot believe my sweet baby girl will be two in a few weeks.  I love spending the days with her, she is constantly making me laugh and makes my heart melt with her kindness and happy spirit.  If I could only get her to stop saying "no" a thousand times a day :) 

Asher had his first real bath on  the 18th!  Don't let this picture fool you, he hated it and screamed the whole time.  Have I mentioned this little guy has an amazing set of lungs?  He can really wail.
 
Happy and clean.  The bath really wore him out.  He is still sleeping great at night, we usually put him to bed after his last bottle at 10:30 and he sleeps until about 3:00.  He's usually good at going back to sleep after his early morning bottle and will sleep again until 6:30 or so.  I am so incredibly grateful for this and I hope he keeps it up!

 Here is Avery after her first bath.  I forgot how much hair she had!! :) I think they resemble each other but also look very different. 


No comments:

Post a Comment