Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Asher James {Seven Months}



Asher Bug,


You are just the sweetest little baby boy! You have a contagious smile and such a happy demeanor (unless you’re hungry or stuck in the car!).  You love to talk and are fascinated by the world around you!  You make me smile every day and I love our cuddle time in the evening. I love this age so much! You love to play peek-a-boo and still stick EVERYTHING in your mouth!  You are such a blessing and a joy, we are so incredibly thankful for you!


You are wearing 12 or 12-18 month clothing.  I cannot believe how tall you are! I’m so sad that we have so many cute clothes you only wore once or twice because you've grown so fast! Please slow down a bit.  Okay?

You are still wearing a size 3 diaper and I've been a slacker about cloth diapers.  You are so skinny, I think you’ll stay in the 3’s for a while!

You go to bed between 7 – 7:30 and wake up around 7:00. You are a great sleeper at night and like to play in your crib for a little while when you wake up in the morning. 

Nap time is still a struggle.  You still are not on a nap routine which has been a hard adjustment but I know you’re getting plenty of sleep so I try not to worry about it.  Some days you take three 1-hour naps, some days one 2-hour nap.  I never know what we’re going to get.

You also are not on a feeding routine.  Ugh.  Usually you have six 6-ounce bottles and two servings of baby food.  Last week you had a nasty stomach bug and didn't have much of an appetite so we’re trying to get things back to normal. You are indifferent about baby food.  You seem to like sweet potatoes and pears the most.  You still don’t like rice cereal.  We need you to eat more and start gaining weight because the doctor said you are only in the 3rd percentile for height/weight ratio and she doesn't want you to drop below that.  You are just so tall; you don’t have any meat on your little body!

You sit up, roll all over and are getting very close to crawling.  You can scoot/roll yourself around the room but I think you’ll be much happier once you start crawling.  You can get up on all fours and rock back and forth so I know it won’t be long. You are constantly moving.  I have a feeling you will manage to get in a lot of trouble once you are mobile J

You still hate the car.  Asher, this is really hard for us.  I know there isn't anything wrong – your tummy is full, you have a clean diaper – but you scream like you are in pain and it breaks my heart.  I think you get bored and you don’t like being restrained by the seat belt.   Every month I hope you will outgrow this but so far, no luck. 

You have the sweetest personality and love to be tickled and wrestled with.  You also love watching your sister and she loves playing with you!

You love the sound of your voice and are always babbling and cooing! I love listening to you and you love to have an audience! You've recently learned to scream… it’s kind of funny.

You love to sit in the swing in the backyard and watch everyone.  I think that is your favorite place, you are so content in it and fall asleep fairly often! The swing is about the only place (besides your crib) you’ll sleep.

You love splashing in the bathtub and I think we are going to move you up to the big tub with Avery in a few weeks! You still fall over sometimes while you’re sitting so I don’t think you’re quite ready but you will be soon.

You have two teeth (bottom front two) they both came in this past month and I think you’re about to get another one.  You are a drool machine!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment