Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


My thanksgiving break started a few hours earlier than expected.  Asher woke up Wednesday morning with diarrhea (lovely, I know) and continued to get sick throughout the morning.  I left work around noon to pick him up and while I hate that he was sick again, it was so nice to get a little alone time with my babies before heading to Matt’s parents’ house for a few days. To make a long (messy) story short, I changed a lot of very dirty diapers, Avery didn’t touch her Thanksgiving dinner, and the kiddos took a few extra baths - all thanks to a very nasty stomach bug.  Everyone seems to be doing better and thankfully Matt and I were spared.

The weather was beautiful on Thursday and we spent a lot of time outside, searching for pecans and playing with the cousins.  Dinner was wonderful, my in-laws always fry the turkey and it is delicious!  











I even convinced Linda and Laura to brave the crazies and go to Target Thursday night.  I have to say shopping on a holiday is completely against my principals and I debated for quite a while as to whether it was worth it but in the end I gave in and because of it, Santa will be delivering an adorable Disney Princess kitchen while we’re in Colorado.  So much for principals. :)

Linda and I shopped a little more on Friday and then we packed up and headed home.  Thankfully everyone was clean when we pulled in the driveway.  We also found out how long Asher will cry in the car seat before giving in. 50 minutes in case anyone was wondering. And no, a bottle doesn’t help.  Neither does a pacifier, me sitting next to him, or an endless amount of toys. Boo. 

We had a very relaxing day on Saturday and then had Thanksgiving Round II at our neighbor’s house! I can’t even express how thankful I am for this family.  We are so blessed to have such amazing neighbors.  The gate we installed between our yards has allowed us to become more like family – lots of unannounced visits, borrowing of kitchen staples, and random play dates. I love it.  And I love that Avery has four sisters that love her and always make her feel special.   










I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We have so much to be thankful for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment