Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful

At church last Sunday our pastor started the service by asking people in the congregation to stand and tell everyone one thing they are thankful for.   Twenty minutes later I was teary-eyed and told Matt they should have passed out tissues before the service – there weren't many dry eyes.  It was so touching to see people stand and publicly give thanks for everything from a new baby to cancer remission.   

I wasn't going to do a “thankful” list this year but last Sunday reminded me how important it is not only be thankful for the blessings in my life but also for others to hear of good things when we are continually bombarded with news of war and death and sadness.

We have so much to be thankful for… some things are small and often taken for granted; others are so monumental they can change our lives forever.  Either way, they are all important and are all blessings.




I am thankful for a Savior who loves and forgives me. Always. No matter how many times I fail.

I am thankful for full cupboards and a full fridge. I'm thankful for the ability to keep my family fed in a world where so many struggle to give their babies just one meal a day.

I am thankful for two healthy babies.  For their smiles and laughter, for both kisses and tantrums, for easy moments and trying ones, for the immeasurable amount of humility, patience, and love they have taught (and continue to teach) me.

I am thankful for my best friend, husband and life-partner, without him my life would be so empty. 

I am thankful for a small handful of amazing friends.  Recently, I read somewhere that it is more important to have a few great friends than many good friends. 

I’m thankful for my health and the health of loved ones. 

I’m thankful for my family and my in-laws.  For parents who are still married and continue to be an example of “till death do us part”.  For my sister and her husband and the friendship we have with them.

I’m thankful for the roof over our heads, warm beds and reliable vehicles. 

I’m thankful for our first child, our lab-retriever puppy who is always happy, never talks back, never tires of playing and is so good with Avery and Asher.

I’m thankful for a job that more than provides for our needs and a boss who understands, 100%, that family comes first.

I’m thankful for blue skies, soaring mountain peaks, fields of green and all the natural beauty God created.

I’m thankful for technology and the ability to share pictures and stories of my family with those who live 1,000 miles away.

I'm thankful for coffee and nap-time espresso dates with my hubby.

I could go on and on but probably should get back to work ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!   

2 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! I love bloggers that are proud of their faith!
    I did not do a 30 days of thanks post/Facebook status this year either, but I think maybe I should now because of this post!

    It is truly important to give thanks for blessings!

    ReplyDelete