Saturday, November 6, 2010

Six Months

Pumpkin, I have to admit I'm having a hard time accepting that you are six months old!! A half year! I have mixed emotions about this.  On one hand, I love watching you learn and grow and discover new things.  It is amazing to watch you observe and begin to understand the world around you. But there is a part of me that misses the little cuddly newborn.  You are just changing so fast, I feel like I can't keep up!!

The most impressive thing you've learned to do this month is sit up! You've gotten really good at this the past couple weeks and can now sit for 5-10 minutes unsupported and can usually find your balance if you do start to fall over.  You are really reaching and grabbing at everything that is near you.  You used to just sit and watch me cook but now you want to help!! You have to touch, push or grab everything!!

You are still sleeping great at night but we've had a hard time getting you to take good naps.  This whole 45 minute nap thing isn't working so well for us.  We'll have to work on that during the next month!! You have one meal of baby food each day and 5 six oz. bottles.

We went in for your check up yesterday and you are definitely a healthy, well nourished baby!! In fact, your pediatrician told me you are the size of an average nine month old!! Wow!  17 lb 14 oz and 27.5 inches long!! That puts you in the 97% percentile for height and 75-90th for weight!

I'm so thankful to have you as my daughter.  I love you so much and I'm so excited to watch you grow into a little girl and then a young lady!!  Please go easy on your daddy though, I think he's already dreading your first date!!!

I love you more than you'll ever know!!

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Tell Matt not to worry about her first date...it can be with Kai and us adults can get together and have fun while they're out, that way we're distracted and won't be worrying :) She is a doll and I really miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy six months little avery!! You are a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete