Tuesday, September 3, 2013

18 Days in Colorado

I'm still trying to wrap up my Colorado posts... We were there for so long and had such a wonderful time, I haven't been able to really sit down and go through all the pictures and capture all the memories. It's a bit overwhelming, we had so much fun, I don't want to miss capturing a great memory but I don't think I could do justice to all the fun we had. So, here we go in list style...

1. The plane ride was awful. Absolutely horrible.  If these cute little kids are lucky, I may agree to fly with them again in about five years.  We'll see.  I make no promises. :)

2. The weather was gorgeous.  Absolutely perfect.  I may have taken pictures of the sunsets, mountains and clouds almost every day.  



3. This girl had a wonderful time.  She'd been counting down the days till Colorado and loved every minute of it!

4. Time spent in Fort Collins is priceless.  Gosh, I love this town. If it wasn't for unconditional love for my husband, I would have never, ever left.




5. This is what life is all about.


6. We had a picnic lunch, climbed rocks and enjoyed the cool mountain air!






7. Avery and Grandpa built a cabin! She was so excited to see the real deal and loved building one with him!

8. Asher and Avery took turns driving the Gator at the Nix's.  It was pure bliss.


9. We loved seeing old friends and making new ones.  It was wonderful to catch up with friends from high school (and earlier) and see our kids play together.  Such a blessing!






10. This little guy wore me out.  But he had fun and loved being able to play outside for hours and hours!



11. So, so, very thankful we took this sweet guy with us.  I miss him every day.

12. Family camping was just as good as I remember it.  We loved being up at the cabin!


13. We spent lots of time with extended family and soaked up the Nelson lovin'.  It was wonderful.


14. A quick trip to Boulder Reservoir was the perfect way to spend a hot day!



Looking through all these pictures again makes me homesick yet grateful.  Sad yet joyful. I loved being home, Colorado will always be home.  So thankful for our time there and the wonderful friends and family already looking forward to my next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment