Saturday, October 2, 2010

Estes Park

We went to Estes Park while we were in Colorado last week.  Fall is my favorite time of year in Colorado, the cool, crisp air is such a welcome change from the summer heat.  I love going up to the mountains and looking at the fall colors, the aspen turn such a brilliant gold, it is beautiful next to the deep green of the pine trees.  Matt suggested going to Rocky Mountain National Park to see the Elk, I hadn't been in years!! 

We saw quite a few elk, they are in rut right now so they come down from the higher elevations to the meadows.  Unfortunately he wasn't the only one with this idea.  I've never seen so many people at the park, the cars were backed up almost a mile so we were unable to get as close as we would have liked but we still had a great time.  I think Avery enjoyed her first trip to Estes as well.  She got a little (ok a lot) fussy as we were getting ready to leave but overall she's a great little traveler!



1 comment:

  1. Matt looks so short in the family picture ;) So cute Linds! Love you, miss you...and I mean MISS YOU!! Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete