I'm not really the type to make or keep New Years resolutions. In fact, if I'm being perfectly honest, I'm not very good at setting and accomplishing goals in general. I have passing thoughts that seem like great ideas but then life gets in the way and those thoughts become distant memories. So I thought I'd try something different this year. Maybe if I write my goals down for everyone to see I will accomplish a few, my goal is to accomplish atleast half!
1. Plant a garden. This was a goal for 2010 but when my dr. put me on bedrest in March I quickly gave up on this idea.
2. Read 5 books. This should be doable. I used to read a book in a week, no problem!! Sadly, I haven't read a single book since Avery was born. I really need to start reading again.
3. Put together a photo album/scrapbook/shutterfly book of Avery's first year. (this needs to be done by June!)
4. Run a 10k. I use to run the Bolder Boulder so I know I'm physically capable of running a 10k. The problem is finding the time to train and following through on the commitment.
5. Redecorate our guest bedroom. Right now this room is such an embarrassment I often keep the door closed and when anyone is staying with us I feel the need to apologize, multiple times, for the sad state our guest room is in.
6. Get involved in a bible study.
7. Get a massage! Or two or three :)
8. Repaint the main living areas in our house (or save the money to hire someone to do this!)
9. Be a better mom / wife / daughter / sister / friend. I have no idea how to measure this but I really want to make it a priority this year to let the most important people in my life know how truly special they are to me.
10. Volunteer or donate to a charitable organization.