Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day: A New Perspective

I've always known my mom is amazing.  She's supportive without being pushy, she's willing to listen but doesn't force her advice, she lets us know we are loved without spoiling us with material things.  She took care of us when we were sick, listened when we were sad, celebrated when we were happy. She was a great mom while Stef and I were growing up and now that we are adults she is the best friend you could ever ask for.

She was always there for us and I've always known this.  I've always been very close with my mom and even before I had Avery I knew I would have big shoes to fill.  But until I became a mother myself I didn't understand how much she loves us or how much she has sacrificed or all that she has done.  I don't think you can fully comprehend this until you experience it for yourself.  When you become a mom you truly understand the meaning of unconditional love. 

I'm so thankful that my mom taught me by example how to be a good mom.  I know I still have a lot to learn but I know whenever something goes wrong or I'm uncertain how to handle a situation, I have someone to call.  Someone who's been there and and will always be there.

Mom, thank you for all you've done for me these past 28 years.  I wouldn't be the person I am today without you.  I hope with all I am that I will be as good of a mom as you are and I pray that Avery and I will someday have the relationship we have.

Words cannot express my gratitude or love.


Christmas 2010

50th Birthday Party

Rome, Italy

Sperlonga, Italy

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

No comments:

Post a Comment