Monday, May 23, 2011

PARTAY

We finally had Avery's birthday party on Saturday.  We decided to wait until both of our families could be here and I'm so glad we did.  We had a fantastic weekend and I am really bummed that it is over.  Avery had a great time too, minus two new teeth breaking through.

I had a really hard time picking a theme for her party, I didn't want to do a conventional theme (which of course made decorating 10 times harder) but I saw this really cute lemonade stand party idea and thought it would be perfect for Avery's first bday.

I had this grand vision of making a lemonade stand for her and we managed to pull it off at the 11th hour.  Thank goodness I had a small army of helpers, I couldn't have done it without them.

Trying to get a family picture before the party started.

 My brother-in-law was a life saver and took pictures during the party, he did an awesome job and I'm so thankful.  Thanks Brian!!







 Sweet birthday girl

I'm so glad that most of Avery's little friends were able to come. It was about 90 degrees outside and 100% humidity but the kids didn't seem to mind, I think they had fun!


Sweet friends helping Avery walk :)

Getting ready to open gifts



I had quite a few helpers!  

Cake time!! The birthday girl was less than enthused with her cake though... 

This picture cracks me up.  She didn't know what to think about everyone staring at her. ha!

We had a great time, again thanks to everyone that helped and I'm so glad our wonderful friends and family were able to help us celebrate our sweet little girl's first birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Lindsay this is such a cute birthday party, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness look at those gifts!!! Looks like the birthday girl did well! WAY TO GO on the party! The decorations were awesome!!!! Love the cake too - I want to eat one of those strawberries right now! So glad to hear it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely precious! i am so sorry we couldn't make it, but I do have a little gift for Avery. If you're home Saturday, I'll try to run it by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Birthday!! It looks like she had a blast. Love the lemonade stand idea & the 12 month photo collage.

    ReplyDelete