Monday, January 16, 2012

26 Weeks!



How Far Along: 26 weeks
Size of baby:   Baby now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!! We finally agreed on a name... and that we want to keep it a secret! Okay, we've told a few people but are trying to keep it a surprise for the most part!
Maternity Clothes: Yep.  I've been searching online trying to find maternity clothes that 1) don't cost a fortune and 2) don't look hideous. When I was pregnant with Avery I was on bed rest by the time I needed to wear maternity clothes so my current selection is very limited (especially jeans and dress pants). I just hate to spend a bunch of money on clothes I'm only going to wear for 10-12 weeks. 
Movement: This little guy is moving all the time! I'm starting to feel a few soft rib kicks... right now they don't hurt but I had forgotten how uncomfortable rib kicks are when you start to run out of belly room!
Sleep: Starting to wake up once in a while to go to the bathroom.  I've been drinking a ton of water which I know I need but doesn't help at night!
Symptoms: My ankles are still a little swollen at the end of the day but are back to normal in the morning so I'm trying to keep my feet elevated as often as possible. 
Cravings:  Fruit and ice cream.  I can't get enough! 
Best moment this week: I've been feeling great this past week! We had a wonderful weekend and I've finally started getting things ready for his nursery.  Oh, and we leave for CO in THREE DAYS!! I cannot wait to see family and friends, I've been looking forward to this trip for almost six months!  

1 comment:

  1. Try Kid to Kid and Ross for cheaper maternity clothes. It's hit or miss, I'll admit, but definitely worth it if you can get a pair of jeans for $5.

    ReplyDelete