Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dear Avery


Oh sweet little girl, you make my heart soar.  I cannot tell you how much I love having you for a daughter.  You are everything and more than I could have ever hoped for.  God knew just what he was doing when he wove your precious little personality.

You are growing up so fast and although part of me is sad, there is a much bigger part that loves the independent little girl you are becoming.  We’ve had a lot of firsts in the past month and I wanted you to know how much I’ve enjoyed them. 

First, potty training.  The ONLY reason you are not fully potty-trained is that we haven’t been consistent with it.  From the first day we started trying, you have done awesome!  When I brought home your new princess panties you were so excited to put them on and after getting one pair wet, you stayed dry the rest of the day!  Unfortunately the last month has been a crazy mess as far as consistency is concerned.  You stopped going to daycare almost one month ago and since then you’ve had four different babysitters.  Obviously potty-training took a back seat during the week but on the weekends when we’re home with you, you’re still doing great!  Now if we could get you to do “dirty business” in the potty instead of your underwear L   You started a new daycare yesterday and your teacher asked me if you are potty trained because you were dry almost all day and went on the potty 4 times!  Now that you will be back on a consistent routine I’m hoping we will soon be able to say that you are fully potty-trained! 

Second, toddler bed.  Daddy was home with you and Asher yesterday afternoon and decided it was time to convert your crib into a toddler bed.  Thanks for asking me, daddy J.  Anyway, you love it and thought it was so fun to be able to crawl into bed all by yourself!





When I got home from work, you told me “mommy, go night night!”.  You put a blanket on me, patted my back and sang me “Jesus”.  You then told me shhh, shhh, walked out of the room and closed the door.  I laid there for a few minutes thinking you’d immediately come back in. 

After about two minutes the door sprung open and you proudly announced “mommy, Avery tee-tee!!”  Sure enough, while I was lying in your bed you had gone potty all by yourself!  There was about ¼ roll of TP in the little potty and what was left on the roll looked like a cat had clawed it. I almost died laughing.  We celebrated big time. 

Chatty Chatty! Your vocabulary is exploding and almost every day you say a new word that I didn’t even know you understood! You still always refer to yourself as Avery instead of “me” or “I”.  I think it’s adorable.

You love to boss Cash around.  You get so mad when he doesn’t listen to you, it’s quite humorous.  Last night you were chasing him around the backyard with his soap telling him, “Cash, meer (come here) bath!)”  He loved this little game of chase.  You also tell him to “get out” and “stop barking”. 

You are such a good big sister!  You always want Asher to wake up from his nap so he can play with you.  You love helping with him and he loves watching you. 

I am so thankful to be your mommy.  I love you to pieces little girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment