Monday, August 6, 2012

Mommy-in-Training


 I've been meaning to write this for a while as it is something I want to remember when Avery is a sassy teenager.  She is so loving and sweet right now; I’m really loving the “terrible” twos!

I know I’ve mentioned before how much Avery loves her baby dolls.  For some reason I thought it would be a passing interest but when we brought Asher home from the hospital and she started watching me care for Asher she began to mimic these things with her babies I realized her love of all things baby isn’t going away anytime soon (thankfully!). 

She changes their diapers – and often tells me Eww, gross poo-poo!  I find random (clean) diapers and wipes throughout the house on a weekly basis. 

There have been a few times she’s strapped Emma into Asher’s carseat and almost gave me a heart attack as I walked by and caught a glimpse of a little baby all strapped in.  Obviously I would never forget to take Asher out of his carseat (he would protest loudly after a minute or two) but it always makes me do a double take.

I also find them strapped into her highchair, often fully-clad in bibs.  We have to get out forks, spoons and bowls when Emma is ready for a mid-day snack J




Her two newest mommy moments – trying to carry Emma in the Baby Bjorn and rocking her while reading bedtime books.  Be.still.my.heart.  I wish this phase could last forever.  Okay, maybe not forever but at least another year or so.  



No comments:

Post a Comment