Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Colorado Trip Part II

I feel like we did so much in one week and were constantly on the go but thankfully we did have time to just hang out at my parent’s house, enjoy the cool(er) weather, and enjoy each others company. Times like this are really my favorite part of being home. Yes, I enjoy our day-trips and staying busy but it is so nice to just relax and be with family. I love watching Avery play with her grandparents and aunt and uncle. I love the relationship my dad and Matt have. I love helping my mom cook dinner. These are the things I really miss living so far away and these are the things that make each trip so wonderful.






Tuesday afternoon Matt and I left Avery with my parents and headed to Fort Collins to have a date night with Brian and Stef. On our way up we were talking about the last time we left Avery overnight and realized that we hadn’t been away from her (overnight) for almost a year!! We definitely needed and enjoyed our time together. We started off the evening at the Rio. Oh, I loved this restaurant so much while we were attending CSU. They don’t have the best Mexican food I’ve ever had but their salsa and margs are just about the greatest indulgence ever. We sat out on the back patio and had a great time laughing and planning for future trips at the beach, Vegas, etc.



After dinner we walked around Old Town Fort Collins for a little while and then played mini golf. I hadn’t done this in year but it turns out Stef and I are a pretty good team. We (barely) beat the guys!

Wednesday morning we got up early (even though we were supposed to sleep in – strict orders from Stef) enjoyed waffles and fresh fruit at Stef’s Café and then headed back to my parents’ house to pick them and the munckin up for a day at the Denver Zoo!

Avery was a little young to really appreciate the zoo but she pointed at most of the animals and said, “a da” or “a dog”??? She was certain that all of these wonderful animals were dogs. Including the elephants, giraffes and monkeys :) Oh how my little girl loves dogs. Too cute! 

It was a long, hot day because we got a late start but we had a good time and I’m glad my parents got to take Avery for her first trip to the zoo.








Thursday afternoon I got together with some friends I hadn’t seen since college. Two of the girls I have known since we were in kindergarten. We lived in the same neighborhood, were in the same girl scout troop and attended all of the same schools. Most of us have children now and it was fun to see them after such a long time!! We even watched embarrassing videos from college that I’m pretty sure need to be burned or locked away forever :)

 Okay, that’s all for today… next up, our family camping trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment