Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catching Up

Last day of work at TranSystems  + four-day weekend + extra cuddle time with Avery  = complete and utter bliss.

I know I've mentioned once or twice that Matt had to drag me to Texas, kicking and screaming.  Part of my reluctance to move south was that I didn't have a job and didn't have any idea what type of job I would want.  We had just spent the last two years being bums in Europe, the idea of putting together a resume and looking for an actual adult job wasn't my idea of a good time.  Well, to make a long story short I ended up working for an engineering firm. Yes, engineering.  I started learning about roads and bridges, drainage and hydrology, security and environmental permitting.  Not exactly my idea of a good time but hey, it paid the bills.  Well after two and a half years I found a new job doing the exact same thing! ha!!  I'm actually really excited to have a new start, meet new people and just have a change of scenery. I start tomorrow, wish me luck,I'm a little nervous.

I've sat down a couple times during the last two weeks to write but we either have too much going on to write it all down or our lives have been so boring lately that there isn't much to say... not sure which one it is but either way, here is what we've been up to...

We spent Memorial Day with Matt's family in Temple.  We were so busy that I didn't pull my camera out once... we shopped, ate BBQ (I've been craving this for at least a month!) and swam.  Avery was a little unsure of being in a real pool.  She was okay as long as she could stand on the steps but once her feet left solid ground she was a bit concerned.

Summer is (un)officially here.  We have been close to triple-digits the last week and I am not ready for this heat.  Avery has spent a lot of time in just her diaper.


These two have so much fun together.  Lately Avery has started petting him whenever we get home.  I ask her "where is Cash?" and she gets the biggest grin when she sees him.  Love it! 


 Ball thief

Got it!

Cheese!! Silly face :)

 Avery got this pool for her birthday (thx G&G, S&B).  She loves getting in and out.  We do this over and over again.



It's been great being home so much the last few weeks.  Every Monday morning is a struggle for me.  I wish I could stay home with Avery, I feel like I miss so much being at work.  I've loved having extra days to be home and cuddle and play with my favorite girl.  Maybe someday...

PS - Little Miss is 13 months old today!! The past month has gone by so fast.  She is loving her books and starting to talk more... She brings me book after book to read and sits in my lap for about 10 seconds while I read each one.  Last week I asked her to get her baby and she did!! So sweet :)  Oh, I am so in love.






No comments:

Post a Comment