Friday, June 24, 2011

Why I Blog...

Almost two years ago Matt and I bought our first home.  We were giddy, naive, overly eager and had only been dreaming about that day since before we were even engaged.  As we started our first project, I thought, I wish my family could see the work we are doing on the house.  You see, I'm not very good at being away from my family.  It has been five years now since we moved from Colorado and I still miss them everyday.  Anyway, this light popped on in my head and I realized I could start this little blog and show them what our lives look like in Texas.  For the first month that I blogged I don't think I even told anyone except my mom and sister.  When I say blogged, I use the term lightly... turns out our lives weren't as exciting as I thought and I had surprisingly little to say.

A few months later we found out I was pregnant!! Well now the blog seemed like an even better idea but I still had a hard time getting into it.  When I look back at my first posts they make me smile... each one is about 100 words max and two or three pictures.  It was more documenting our life than actually telling a story. But the more I blogged and read other blogs, the more I realized that yes, this was a good way to share our life with family and friends but also a way for me to document the little things that make life so sweet.

I love looking back through my posts and seeing how much Avery has grown and how our lives have changed during the last two years.  I plan on getting my blog printed every year.  I think it will be really fun to look through them when Avery (and future kiddos) are grown up and laugh at the silly things I said.

One thing I didn't expect to enjoy so much is reading other people's blogs.  Both friends and strangers.  Yeah, I know that makes me sound like a stalker but hey, it's the truth.  It is fun to read about other moms who have kids close to Avery's age, working moms, moms-to-be, etc.  And it amazes me that people read my blog!!  It helps me feel connected when I'm going through one of those 'I must be the only person in the world that feels this way' moments. It is also a creative outlet for me.  A time to just sit down and relax, look through pictures of my baby girl and at times, a place to vent frustrations.

Well, imagine my shock and excitement this morning when I read my friend Nicole's blog and saw that she picked my blog as one of her top 10 favs and passed along the "blog lovin' award" to me!!!  I really do love blogging and it is so nice to know that other people actually read it! 



OK, now I am supposed to answer a couple of questions.



1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.

 Thanks Nicole!! Love your blog 27 & Counting

2. Share seven random facts about yourself.

I recently discovered (much to my surprise) that I love to sew!

I lived in Europe for two years and was very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel and experience more history and culture than I ever dreamed possible. 

I had a blood clot while pregnant with Avery that resulted in emergency surgery while I was already in labor.

I am left-handed

I love to cook and rarely find a food I don't like

Fall is my favorite time of year.

I would love to have a big family - four kids sounds perfect

1 comment: