Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Pasta

Matt is out of town for the weekend so I get to cook/eat whatever I want (no beef and potatoes).  I love pasta but he isn't a fan (yeah, I know, very strange) so when he's gone I always try a new pasta dish.  My sis sent me this recipe a few weeks ago and I've been dying to try it.  As usual, I doctored it up a bit and it is delish - a great, light pasta for summer!!




o       1 Package of Farfalle Pasta (I used a 1/2 package and it turned out great)
o       1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
o       1 teaspoon minced garlic
o       3 tablespoons pine nuts
o       1 bundle chopped green onions (green and white parts)
o       2 ounces diced pancetta (I used diced bacon because it is much cheaper and I had it  already)
o       2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
o       2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
 o       1 teaspoon butter
o       1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
o       1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
o       1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
o       handful chopped fresh basil

o       1. Preheat oven to 400°.
o       2. Cook pasta according to package directions; add asparagus to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Sprinkle pasta mixture with garlic, green onions and butter; return to pan, and toss well.
o       3. Arrange pine nuts in a single layer on foil. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Place in a small bowl.
o       5. cook pancetta (bacon bits) until crunchy
o       6. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts, pancetta, basil, and cheese. 

I don't really believe in recipes... which is probably why I don't bake.  I estimate all ingredients based on what I like.  I don't think I measured a single ingredient and it turned out great!

While I was cooking my favorite sous-chef was busy enjoying a few blackberries.  She loved the pasta, we had a fun girls night, just the two of us :)



No comments:

Post a Comment