Monday, June 13, 2011

Girls Weekend

Matt has been gone since Thursday, this is by far the longest he's been gone since Avery was born and I have to admit it is HARD to be a single parent!! Definitely makes me realize and appreciate all he does.  We decided to take a last minute trip to Houston with a bunch of friends for a handsome little boy's second birthday.  This was the first time we had been to Houston and wow, it is hot.  I thought Dallas was bad but this was a whole different level of hot.  We had a fun trip, surprisingly three toddlers and five moms/aunts can all fit in one Ford Expedition with bags and not go crazy :).  We got back around noon on Sunday and we were both exhausted.  Avery took a (almost) three hour nap and I had a nice little nap myself.  It was a relaxing day, I really love the time we have together, just the two of us.  It doesn't happen very often but it is so special to me. 

Even though it's about 100 degrees outside (at 7:00 pm) Avery loves playing in the backyard.  When I walk out the backdoor with her she practically jumps out of my arms, I can't put her down fast enough.  She loves being outside. 




When we finally went in to cool off we spent time reading practically every book she has.  She is really into her books right now, it is so cute!!


Oh, and randomly she has decided to start crawling again. ha!  She still walks but in the evenings she gets it in her head to start crawling around the house.  I don't know who thinks this is more fun - her or me. 


Thankfully Matt comes back tomorrow.  We are so ready to see him and get back to normal. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! Being a single mom for the few days there were gone wasn't easy! Luckily Brant's parents came for Friday and Saturday. I think we are all happy to have our husbands home!!!

    ReplyDelete